MT Hughes (Marion)
B.Eng Chem. Eng, Pr.Eng, C.Eng, FIChemE, MSAIChE, AIChE, SPE, AACE
Marion has over twenty four years' experience in various fields including oil & gas, refining, chemicals and metallurgical projects. She has extensive experience in many aspects of process engineering design, project controls (estimating, planning/scheduling) and project management and her experience extends from pre-feasibility and concept development to field check-out, commissioning and construction assistance.
Most recently, Marion has been working on a variety of projects including:
- Project management and process consulting for a new multi-billion Rand BMR facility
- Process consulting for a new terminal offloading and storage facility for petroleum products in South Africa
- Project management for a new gas recovery and GTL project in Rwanda
- Process technical consulting on equipment types and manufacturing processes for a client in the Middle East
- Process consulting to the owners team for a plant expansion in Mozambique
- Pre-feasibility study for handling chemical streams for Sasol, Secunda
- Technical consulting to the engineering/owners team on the basic & detailed engineering for a new potash project in the Republic of Congo
- Leading a significant number of IHAZID risk assessments using RiskMan2 (RM2) and Process Hazard Assessments (PHA HAZOPs) in the offshore and on-shore environment for Chevron, Angola
Most recent involvement has been in off-shore HAZAN safety compliance and process design for a number of refineries (including tank farm and pipelines), in South Africa and in the Sub-Saharan region. Work has included conceptual designs, cost estimates and process option evaluations.
Marion has worked as a process engineer in the hydrocarbon, food, metallurgical and environmental industries and managed several conceptual design studies for Sasol, Secunda as well as doing work with CabGOC (Chevron Texaco) and the Monitor Group.
Marion is an active member of ECSA's PAC for Chemical Engineering, is a Chevron-qualified RiskMan 2 (RM2) facilitator and she has been an invited speaker to a number of conferences including the Catalyst Symposium, Women in African Petroleum & Energy, African Oil & Gas Convention and Africa Downstream.